leaves falling

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Projects, Friends, and Snow!!

F is for February Fun

As you may know, I have started doing a little bit of sewing with Wade's Aunt and cousins. A couple of weeks ago, I made a Valentine's Day Table runner. We invited friends over for dinner, so I could show off my new piece of Art. The following week, I worked on making an apron. After completing that project, I was so proud of myself. I even wore it all the way home from Idaho Falls, because I loved it so much. I love creating awesome things from virtually nothing. I can't wait to find out what I will create this week!

...THE TABLE RUNNER....
Wade's Aunt just let me use her material for this project; and , I absolutely love how it turned out!

I even quilted the hearts and boxes so it would show through on the backside.

I bet you've never seen a more beautiful table runner.


...THE APRON...
As it is probably obvious, this is my favorite project yet. Pleated ruffles, reverse patterns, and more. I can't believe I made that.

I even was good enough to pick out and buy my own materials on this project.

I'm all ready to bake!!

------------------------------------

I just thought this was a cute picture of Aubrey being a Mommy's girl. When I get ready in the mornings, I let Aubrey sit on the counter in front of me and help me get ready. She loves playing with all the cool makeup inside that little purple bag.
------------------------------------------------------
Last weekend, friends of our invited us to go spend the weekend with them and another couple up in their cabin. We had to take a snow machine up to the cabin, because the snow was so deep and no cars could get out there. That was Aubrey's first time riding on a snow mobile. She was a little concerned at first, but in the end she loved it. That night, we made some pizzas, played some ping-pong, and just hung out. The next morning, we all bundled up, including Aubrey, to go sledding. This was Aubrey's first time ever sledding and Wade and I got to go down with her! While Aubrey took a nap after the sledding fun, we found some snow drift cliffs and jumped off them. It was so much fun and we all had a blast!!!

Aubrey all bundled, ready to go sledding!

Me and Aubrey enjoying the cool, crisp air and beautiful view.

Aubrey's first time snowmobiling, she got to ride on a sled pulled behind the mobile. After sledding, she fell asleep on my should as we just cruised around the property.

Wade, jumping/rolling down a drift cliff!
--------------------------------------------------------
...OUR JOY!...
Aubrey is getting so big now! Besides her two teeth, she is half crawling and half scooting across the floor! She now completely pulls herself up on our chairs and the couch. She loves her sippy cup, even if (especially if) most of the water gets on her. She has such a fun personality. Wade and I like to play tricks on her and pull her binky out of her mouth, and instead of crying, she smiles real big. Now we catch her all the time doing the same thing to herself. She bites down on her binky and pulls it out to make a popping noise, then she precedes to smile. I could go on and on about how awesome our baby is but, I've already have rambled on long enough. We love everyone and miss you all. I hope you all have a wonderful week!






4 comments:

Shea and Kay-Marie said...

Wow look at you making all these fabulous creations, you will have to teach me someday. That is so fun and everything looks great. ps: Aubrey is absolutely adorable

tomsfamily said...

Katie she is getting to big too fast. Now you can make all your neices and nephews gifts. PS Jadyns Birthday is coming up. LOL Sure do miss you crazy kids. Give Wade and Aubrey a kiss from us. Love and miss ya!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects!! They are so pretty. I can't wait for you guys to move here. You will have to show me how. Aubrey is so beautiful!!!! I love the last picture of her. She is getting so big. I love and miss you guys!!

Emily said...

So, I'm leaving a comment because I said I would. Plus, I love it when ppl comment on mine too. I have you and Rox to thank for that...and that's about it...lol. Anyways, love the table runner. Absolutely love the apron...really love it. And ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOVE THAT LITTLE BABY in all the pics!!! She is just too darn cute. And by the way, you MOST move here in April....or else! You can't take it back now. I'm way to excited!!! We love you guys, and I'm glad you are enjoying all this winter fun!!
Love and Miss you,
Emily, Chris, Aleigha, and Brenton