leaves falling

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stewart Falls: 2 years Later!

April 1, 2007
This day was a special day for two people in love. On April fools day of 2007 Wade invited me to go to Utah with him and enjoy conference. While in Utah, he woke me up really early to go somewhere special. We were going to go on a hike. As we hiked the snow covered trail through the Mountains, Wade kept saying things that made me wonder if "Today was the Day?" As we approached our destination, Wade told me to listen. The sound of rushing water was echoing in the distance. Around the next bend, a majestic waterfall was cascading from the Mountain above. It was such a beautiful sight to take in. We made our way down to the base of the falls. While we were down there, Wade was acting really nervous and weird. I was sure "Today was the Day." However, he kept stalling... I pretended I had no idea what was going to happen. In Wade's desperate attempt to transition to the question and more importantly the knee, he "suavely" said, "I hear there is gold up here. Let's look for some." (Wade looking at the ground frantically) "Look! I think I see something." Now, it was at this point that I knew 100% that today was the day. Wade then concealed something in his hand and then looked up at me and continued: "Katherine Marie Thornburgh, will you marry me?" Although his transition wasn't the smoothest, I knelt down beside him and responded. "Yes." We then preceded to make out below the falls. SUDDENLY, ice broke off from the top and came crashing down. Wade then quickly pushed me away from the falls and dodged himself. We then laughed and enjoyed the moment.

The following 3 pictures are from that eventful April day.


The snow covered falls were beautiful!

====================================================================
====================================================================
September 19, 2009

So here we are 2 1/2 years later with a beautiful baby girl and many adventures behind us. We continue to have many adventures and we are excited to now have Aubrey to join in on the fun. Last Saturday, we decided to take Aubrey and hike back up to Stewart Falls. The day was beautiful and we had a wonderful time. The fall colors are now starting to present themselves on the trees. The view in April with all the snow was beautiful, but Saturday was a whole different spectrum of beautiful. Aubrey absolutely loves the outdoors; therefore, that day she was the happiest baby one could meet. We bought a new back/front carrier for her and she just thinks it is the coolest thing. We all had a blast and we hope you enjoy all the pictures we took this time.

Let's Go Hiking!

The view took away our breaths, even Aubrey was enthralled with all the beauty!

This is definitely the creation of someone Greater.

What's up dad?

Aubrey: "Aren't you guys missing most of the cutest thing in the picture?"

Aubrey: "There you go, that's better."
We're almost there!

What a beautiful sight, we are getting closer!

All three of us.

Wade: "What are you all waiting for, let's hurry!"

We made it!

Aubrey: "My mom is the strongest person I know!"

"I think I'll just help myself to a little drink of that fresh spring water."

There were a lot more people up there today, so we got them to take a picture of all three of us together.

Mommy and Me

Aubrey: "The sound of these falls are much more soothing than that lousy recording on my bassinet."

What a little hoot, she is soo darn cute!

"Okay guys, I am ready to head back, I'm getting tired."


Daddy's touch is obviously, much more relaxing than Mommy's

A canvas of colors

Luckily, we made it back before it got too dark!



3 comments:

roxanne said...

Aubrey is so darn cute. So are you guys. We sure do miss you guys so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, as usual your pics are amazing! That one of the 3 of you up close is my favorite! We love you all and miss you tons!! Can't wait till the holidays!
Love, MOM

Brooke said...

I really appreciate the commentary. Kent and I were laughing the whole time!!